Spreetail is an ecommerce company that exists to make a dent in the universe by delighting millions of customers, creating opportunity and wealth for our team, and revolutionizing the communities we touch.
Spreetail works with partners like Amazon, eBay, and Walmart to delight millions of customers each year. Our team pushes relentlessly to provide an unexpectedly delightful shopping experience in an industry known for being impersonal and transactional. Spreetail proves you don’t have to sacrifice the customer’s experience for great value or quick delivery. We don't maintain 99.8% satisfaction rating by cutting corners.
Our business is growing rapidly; the Spreetail team is challenged every single day to outwork and outthink the competition. We move fast, and no one has the luxury to wait around for someone else to make the first move. We dive in, we learn, we adapt, sometimes we fail, but we never remain stagnant.
Spreetail isn’t just a job or career, it’s a lifestyle and it isn’t for the faint of heart. If you are looking for your next challenge, Spreetail is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for.
We look for team members that embody our Mantra:
BE RELENTLESS. WORK HARD. LEARN. ADAPT. INNOVATE. WIN TOGETHER. FOR OUR CUSTOMERS.
As the Senior Accountant you will:
- Assist Controller in all financial and accounting related areas (i.e. forecasting, budgeting, weekly borrowing base).
- Prepare, verify and control the entering of journal entries to the general ledger. Perform all tasks associated with the general ledger, i.e., enter monthly journal entries, execute monthly closing entries and year-end closing entries to ensure timely financial reporting.
- Oversees all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements. Oversee accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses
- Assist with analyzing financial statements on a monthly basis and report on variances understanding both accounting theory and practice
- Accountable for recording the cost of newly-acquired fixed assets (both tangible and intangible), tracking existing fixed assets, recording depreciation, and accounting for the disposition of fixed assets.
- Initiate department and organization special projects that increase efficiency, accuracy, organization, and scalability
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Monitor and support taxation requirements
- Facilitate the multiple external audits each fiscal year
- Assist Controller with staffing of the accounting group including playing an integral role in the training and development of the Associate Accountants
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results
Please also be able to display:
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in the Accounting field
- CPA desired but not required
- Experience with budgeting and forecasting
- A knack for numbers and curiosity to dig in and understand complex systems
- Ability to improve business outcomes that lead to increased efficiency, accuracy, organization, and scalability
We aren’t afraid to ask a lot from our team, because the benefits to working at Spreetail are supreme.
- Stock Appreciation Rights - Your compensation allows you to reap the monetary benefits of Spreetail success. You will receive Stock Appreciation Rights that follow the value of common stock.
- Leadership Development Program – You will have the opportunity to participate in a personalized leadership development program along with several group activities and seminars
- Group Health Insurance - Spreetail will pay your full monthly premium. For spouse and dependents, we pay half. Half dental coverage is available to all employees and family
- Gym Membership - We pay for half your monthly dues, so you can work up a sweat outside the office too
- Salary PTO - We don't track time off - Take a break for the RELENTLESS effort you put in.
- After 3 years, an all inclusive beach vacation for you and a guest on Spreetail's dime.
- After 5 years, a 10 day paid sabbatical to get out of the office and do something awesome!
- Regular company-funded special events and social activities. We know how to have fun!
- Yearly Company Trip - Past trips have included San Diego, Charleston, SC and Nashville!